Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
County Broadband study implementation recommendations from the Broadband Steering Committee & endorsed by the DCEDC Board of Directors.Key Study Findings / Recommendations
• The study provides a general design model that can be replicated throughout the County and it should be utilized as the guide for implementing broadband in the County.
• We knew we had issues, but this study defines how poor our service is in the County which will help enable grant funding.
• While there are significant public resources available for broadband, it will still require local investments to accomplish the countywide vision.
• Broadband is not a luxury, it is a necessity like electricity.
• Like electricity, it will require partnership between the private and public sectors.
• Door County needs a dedicated “leader and champion” for the overall broadband strategy to be successful.
• To accomplish a federated network, we will need to work together to ensure connectivity and efficient use of funds.
• We will need to build partnerships with potential Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to be successful.
• It will take time and persistence at the local, county and state level.Read more from the study.